When people stop using drugs and alcohol, they may experience severe withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Those who try to quit without medical support are more likely to relapse when symptoms peak around 48-72 hours following the cessation of drugs or alcohol. Drug detox benefits individuals who wish to overcome substance use disorders safely and effectively.
Gulf Breeze Recovery is a full-service addiction treatment center that supports those who want to stop abusing alcohol, cocaine, meth, or other addictive substances. When you arrive at our private facility, we will review your treatment program and discuss the benefits of drug detox. We tailor programs to the individual, including private and group therapy sessions in a supportive environment.
Drug Detox Benefits
When you abuse drugs or alcohol, the chemicals attach themselves to cell receptors and signal a massive release of dopamine, a neurotransmitter responsible for making you happy. The more you use, the more your body will rely on the substance of choice. This can cause you to develop a physical dependence and a psychological need to continue using drugs.
Enrolling in a drug detox program that uses FDA-approved medications and a mix of psychotherapy has many benefits. These benefits of drug detox include:
- Less chance of relapse during the first year of recovery
- Reduce symptoms safely and allow clients to continue therapy
- Ease drug and alcohol cravings as well as any depressive or anxiety symptoms
- Promote continuation of therapy as clients begin discovering all of the drug detox benefits
Gulf Breeze Recovery offers drug detox in Florida for anyone struggling with a substance use disorder. We use the latest treatment modalities and medications to create a whole-person recovery experience that promotes lifelong sobriety and healthy living.
5 Reasons to Start Drug Detox
Here are five reasons why you should enroll in a drug detox program today:
- Learn about the dangers of substance use disorders – Many people today still think addiction is a social disease. Drug treatment programs teach people how drugs and alcohol can make physical and psychological changes. It shows individuals how addiction can consume them and dictate their actions and behaviors.
- Less risk of relapsing – The medications used in drug detox programs safely reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings that can interrupt the recovery process. These medications allow people to safely get through withdrawal and significantly reduce their desire for more drugs or alcohol.
- Promotes continuation of therapy – Detoxing programs include behavioral therapy sessions to help clients understand the reasons behind their addictive habits. As they work through their issues, they will likely want to continue working with a therapist long past recovery.
- A safer recovery experience – Withdrawal symptoms can sometimes be fatal without proper treatment. Medication can ease these symptoms and allow those with severe addictions to get through the detoxing stage safely.
- Gain a sober support network – A significant benefit of enrolling in a drug detox program is the relationships you will build with your peers. Friendships built on shared struggles can help you maintain sobriety long after completing a treatment program.
Enrolling in a detox program is the intelligent choice to make for anyone who wants to stop abusing drugs or alcohol safely with minimal risks of relapse.
Begin Drug Detox in Florida Today at Gulf Breeze Recovery
Gulf Breeze Recovery Center provides Florida residents with safe drug detoxing at our oceanside treatment facility. Our programs are designed around each person’s unique symptoms and personal history. They include medical support and behavioral and holistic therapies. Therapists take the time to get to know each client’s history to uncover the root cause of substance use and find new ways to manage symptoms and triggers.