We are all aware of the importance of exercise. Being physically active not only keeps our bodies fit and healthy but also improves our mental health. But regular exercise can also have a therapeutic effect. As a result, most quality treatment centers now offer exercise therapy as a key component in their holistic recovery program. If you or a loved one is struggling with a substance use disorder, reach out to Gulf Breeze Recovery in Florida for personalized treatment and a world-class exercise therapy program.
‘What is exercise therapy, and how is it different from regular exercise?’ is a question that is frequently asked. In a nutshell, exercise therapy is more guided, with a focus on particular physical activities that are geared toward maintaining a client’s well-being. To learn more about what exercise therapy is and the best exercise therapy programs in Gulf Breeze, FL, call us at 833.551.2304.
What Is Exercise Therapy?
Exercise therapy involves the client partaking in certain physical activities for therapeutic benefits.
Substance use disorders often have a devastating impact on one’s physical and mental health. Depending on the severity of the condition, it can take weeks or months to make a successful recovery. In such cases, exercise therapy becomes a crucial part of their holistic rehabilitation plan.
In exercise therapy, the client closely works with a physical trainer to develop a personalized fitness regimen aimed at tackling certain physical symptoms and boosting mental well-being.
Why Opt for Exercise Therapy in Gulf Breeze, FL?
As the Sunshine State of America, Florida is known for its well-connected network of quality treatment centers and aftercare programs. The long, sunny coastline, beautiful environment, and pleasant all-year-round weather make it the ideal location for introspection and healing. Moreover, the scenic beachfront location of the Gulf of Mexico offers a serene and sunny atmosphere to engage in different physical activities.
The unique advantages of exercise therapy in Gulf Breeze, FL, include the following:
- Exercise therapy improves one’s mobility, flexibility, posture, and coordination.
- It reverses some of the ill effects of substance use upon one’s internal organs, alongside improving both bone and muscle strength.
- When coupled with yoga and meditation, it promotes greater calm and emotional well-being.
- Regular exercise helps clients fall into a particular routine, making it easier to commit to healthy habits.
- Each exercise therapy session releases vital endorphins, enabling the client to feel happy, relaxed, and motivated about their recovery.
- Exercise is also more effective and safer than prescription medication at providing pain relief.
- The beautiful coastline of Gulf Breeze provides an ideal location to run, jog or even stretch in bright daylight.
- Exercise therapy in a beachfront clinic at Gulf Breeze ensures the client gets adequate exposure to sunlight and the natural environment, boosting their vitamin D levels.
Finding the Best Exercise Therapy in Gulf Breeze, FL
Signing up for an exercise therapy program in Gulf Breeze ensures you will find the best therapists and trainers for the job who will take into account your body’s unique needs in the regimen. The beachfront clinics in Gulf Breeze, Florida are thus excellent for personalized exercise therapy programs.
When finding a suitable treatment center, make sure you choose a facility that takes into account the following:
- Unique needs
- Medical history
- Recovery goals
- Aftercare and relapse prevention
Get Help and Holistic Support at Gulf Breeze Recovery
At Gulf Breeze Recovery, we follow a holistic, non-12-step approach where we strongly believe that no one is broken or beyond help. With compassionate guidance, physical training, and all-around support, we empower our clients to make a successful recovery.
Located close to the mesmerizing Gulf of Mexico, our serene beachfront clinic provides an idyllic and sunny environment for reflection, relaxation, and healing. Under the empathetic care of our doctors and nurses, our clients feel as though they are in a home away from home.
From inpatient treatment to partial hospitalization, we provide a range of personalized treatment options for every individual. Call us at 833.551.2304 and schedule an appointment today, or fill out our online form and allow us to get back to you.