Opioid use has been on the rise in the United States, and this has caused many serious social ramifications. However, when the person using drugs like heroin is someone you know, it can affect your everyday life. If you have a friend or loved one that is using heroin as a way to cope with mental illness, trauma, or a pain disorder, it can be difficult to know how to find them the help they need. The right heroin rehab can help support your loved ones as they navigate their world without substance use. If you are searching for heroin rehab, Pensacola, Gulf Breeze Recovery can help your loved one with the heroin addiction treatment that they need.
Heroin Use and the Individual
Heroin is an illegal and unregulated opioid substance. Because of the severity of heroin’s bodily effects, individuals may become seriously addicted very quickly. Because heroin is unregulated, the potency is often indeterminable. Pain can be a serious motivator for opioid addiction, as it can affect people of all social classes. Drug dependency can happen anytime and to anyone. With the potency of prescribed drugs like oxycodone, addiction can start after one use. Individuals may switch to heroin after having prescriptions discontinued by medical professionals. Heroin rehab can help to remove this physical need while supporting a substance abuse treatment plan.
Heroin Addiction Treatment
Finding the right substance abuse treatment can be a difficult process if you are unfamiliar with the causes of heroin abuse. Individuals addicted to a substance like heroin may lose the ability to determine whether they are using too much of a substance. Because of this, their daily life, including actions, relationships, and decisions, can be greatly affected. Heroin affects the mind and the body. This physical and emotional dependency supports the individual’s continued use. Even if they attend heroin rehab, they may not have adequate coping strategies to continue non-use. Therefore, it is important to find the right heroin rehab in Pensacola. Our experienced and caring staff can guide your loved one through holistic treatment that supports the needs of both body and mind.
How Can I Encourage a Friend to Enter Heroin Rehab?
Unfortunately, encouraging another person to take a step they are not ready for may not have much effect. Recovery is a personal decision, and it takes strong support systems and personal accountability. However, there are some ways that you can encourage a loved one without encroaching on their personal journey. Here are some of the steps that you can take:
- Meet only in neutral, sober environments that discourage any drug use.
- Take steps to educate yourself on heroin addiction and be able to notice the signs. This can be a strong tool in bringing their addiction to light.
- Let your loved ones know when they cross boundaries or hurt you with their actions. This can include when they cancel plans, ask you for money, steal from you, or manipulate you for resources. When an individual is addicted, they may engage in behaviors that are contrary to their personality. By noticing this and setting clear boundaries, you can let your loved ones know that they have a problem without you taking any responsibility for their actions.
- Discuss the effect of heroin use on the individual’s family, children, career, or home life.
- Keep engaging with that individual from a place of self-respect.
- Listen if they speak to you about their struggles with addiction but encourage them to speak with a professional, as well. You can only provide the expertise of your personal experience, and a professional may better understand the depth of their struggles.
- If they have co-occurring disorders such as mental health issues, or even legal or financial problems, always encourage them to see specialists. This can help them find the assistance they need with heroin use, as well.
- Do not lecture them about mistakes. Handle behavioral or boundary-related issues as they appear and then move on.
- Do not enable heroin use either financially or emotionally. If they’re struggling with rent or court fines, that is not your responsibility. If they’re panicked about where their next meal will come from, buy them a sandwich if you must, and then encourage professional care options.
Support your friend by being a model of self-care and self-respect. If you show them what a healthful life balance looks like, it can help them to set treatment goals when they decide to explore heroin rehab. Heroin addiction treatment can help them find the meaning and motivation to work through their addiction.
Help Your Loved One Quit Heroin Abuse Today with Gulf Breeze Recovery
Gulf Breeze Recovery partners with a heroin rehab in Pensacola that can help your loved one. Our recovery center offers flexible and innovative heroin addiction treatment options that can empower your friend to make a life change. Call us today at 833.551.2304 to learn more about our individualized and caring substance abuse treatment options. Our serene waterfront environment with engaging wildlife may be the setting needed to support your friend in finding the peace they need.