How long is inpatient drug rehab? That depends on several factors, including the severity of symptoms and co-occurring mental health issues. Addiction is a complex disorder and requires a deep understanding of a person’s background and family history. No two substance abuse cases are alike, as each person has different reasons and experiences fueling their addiction.
Gulf Breeze Recovery is a fully accredited addiction treatment facility that offers inpatient drug rehab. Our team has years of experience working with people from all walks of life and unique reasons for needing help. You will work closely with a behavioral therapist to identify the root causes of addiction and learn new coping skills.
What Is Inpatient Drug Rehab?
What is inpatient drug rehab? It gives people 24/7 support from experienced therapists, medical technicians, and support staff while recovering from substance use disorders. Inpatient drug rehab provides a safe and discreet location away from the common stresses and triggers that can prevent a safe recovery. Once entering the program, patients will spend their days in group and private therapy sessions while receiving medication to ease withdrawals, cravings, and other disruptive symptoms.
Inpatient drug rehab consists of several therapies and treatments to address addiction’s physical and psychological aspects. A typical treatment program will include:
- Medication-assisted treatment – Medical techs will administer medications based on each person’s treatment plan to reduce addiction withdrawals, cravings, and any depressive or anxiety symptoms that hinder recovery.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – Behavioral therapists work closely with patients to identify the cause of addiction and teach healthy coping skills that allow them to manage their symptoms and prevent future relapses.
- Holistic therapy – Addiction recovery requires a healthy mind and body. Inpatient drug rehab includes meditation, yoga, and other holistic therapies that give patients several healthy life skills.
- Family therapy – An important aspect of recovery is having healthy relationships that will support lifelong sobriety. All family members will participate in therapy to resolve lingering issues, repair broken relationships, and create a stable home environment.
At Gulf Breeze Recovery, our inpatient drug rehab program is for Florida residents who need 24/7 care to begin their recovery journey. Each of our programs is tailored to the individual and will include a mix of behavioral and holistic therapy and medical support.
How Long Is Inpatient Drug Rehab?
Addiction recovery is a personal journey that can take several weeks, months, or years, depending on the severity of the abuse and the cause behind it. While there is no cure for substance use disorders, several treatment programs can teach people how to live healthy and sober lives.
Inpatient treatment programs offer several different time commitments:
- 30-day program – The first 30 days is the detox stage and the most difficult to get through without proper support. A 30-day program supports patients during detox with medication-assisted treatment and cognitive-behavioral therapy. Patients will participate in group and private therapy sessions to develop the skills and confidence to continue their recovery.
- 60-day program – A two-month stay in a treatment facility will continue therapy sessions past the detox stage. Patients can better understand their symptoms, improve communication skills, and repair broken relationships. Withdrawal symptoms typically diminish after 30 days, and medical staff will begin tapering patients off the medications.
- 90-day program – Patients who need 90 days of inpatient rehab generally have another mental health issue fueling the addiction. Unresolved trauma or other complications might require more time away from home. Therapists will continue working with patients for as long as necessary. The goal is to help people feel confident in maintaining their sobriety no matter what life throws at them.
Once an inpatient treatment program is completed, patients should continue therapy through outpatient treatment programs. Continual therapy is available part-time and can work around your work or personal schedule.
Gulf Breeze Recovery: Get Started with Inpatient Drug Rehab in Florida
How long is inpatient drug rehab? At Gulf Breeze Recovery, we will base your inpatient treatment program on the severity of your symptoms and other factors unique to your situation. This will determine the program’s length and your commitment to recovery. We will monitor your progress throughout the program and recommend continuing inpatient therapy or transitioning to an outpatient treatment program.