Finding a quality substance abuse treatment program that is the right fit for an individual struggling with addiction can be a challenge. There are many programs out there, and all of them advertise that they are the best. How can you navigate through all the claims and begin to understand what truly makes a quality program? Gulf Breeze Recovery would like to make that a little easier. Reach out to us today at 833.551.2304 and let us answer any questions you may have about inpatient drug rehab, substance abuse treatment, or the recovery process.
When to Consider Treatment
Finding the best rehab program for your needs can be challenging, but not nearly as difficult as admitting there is a problem and that help is needed. Once you’ve taken that first big, brave step, it’s all forward from there.
It may be time to consider substance abuse treatment if you relate to any of the following statements:
- I no longer take joy in things I used to love because of my substance abuse.
- I am withdrawn and isolated from friends and loved ones because of my substance abuse.
- I want to quit and have even tried, but I have been unsuccessful on my own.
- My substance abuse is causing relationship, work, and financial problems for me.
- I continue to abuse substances even when it is especially dangerous to do so, such as while driving or with certain health conditions.
- My loved ones are expressing concerns over my appearance and health due to the toll my substance abuse has taken on my body.
- I spend a lot of time working out how to get my substance of choice and feel withdrawal symptoms when I am unable to.
Help is available and almost always just a phone call away. Gulf Breeze Recovery can help you choose a treatment plan and take your life back from addiction.
Selecting the Right Rehab for You
There are many things to look for and many important questions to ask when looking for effective addiction treatment that suits your needs. Here are some helpful guidelines to follow when selecting an addiction treatment program, as well as some insight into how Gulf Breeze Recovery addresses these important aspects of substance abuse treatment.
Make sure that the treatment program you select has gone through a rigorous certification process to gain accreditation. Many treatment centers do not have accreditation.
Gulf Breeze Recovery has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Behavioral Health Care Accreditation by demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance standards. The Gold Seal of Approval® is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to providing safe and effective care.
2. Individualized Care
Look for a treatment program that, in addition to counseling groups, offers individualized care with licensed mental health practitioners. Many programs offer only group sessions that may or may not be led by mental health professionals.
Gulf Breeze Recovery takes an industry leadership position in the number of therapy hours guests receive. They have a staff of experienced and licensed mental health professionals who receive ongoing continuing education. Each guest has an assigned therapist, and together they develop a treatment plan that fits the individual’s needs.
3. Read Past Participants’ Reviews
Check reviews from past program participants. Do most participants feel the program was beneficial to their overall health and recovery? What was effective, and what wasn’t?
Read through Gulf Breeze Recovery’s testimonials, where past guests share their experiences and how their lives have changed. All testimonials are actual past guests or family members telling their stories in their own words.
4. Visit the Facility
If possible, after you have tentatively chosen the facility that meets your criteria, schedule a visit and tour the facility. There can be a huge gap between reality versus how a facility advertises itself.
At Gulf Breeze Recovery, what you see is what you get. Our website is an honest depiction of our beautiful facility. We are proud of our high-quality care and will gladly schedule a time for you to visit at your convenience, so you can see for yourself what we offer.
5. Treatment that Matches Participants’ Core Beliefs
There are many treatment options available, 12-step, non-12-step, faith-based, non-faith based, holistic, or non-holistic. Find the facility whose program best matches the beliefs of the person seeking treatment.
Gulf Breeze Recovery proudly offers a non-12-step, non-faith-based, holistic treatment program. Our program allows people to maintain their individual faith-related beliefs and does not attempt to change their faith in any way or promote any particular religion. Our program incorporates mental health, physical health, exercise, spa treatment, quiet time, neurofeedback, art therapy, and intensive individual counseling to offer a comprehensive holistic treatment program.
6. The Detoxification Process
Gulf Breeze Recovery’s medically licensed detox wing has a team of Doctors and Nurses who provide licensed medical care 24/7. With many types of addiction, detoxification is an important first step. Look for a facility that can adequately handle your detoxification needs.
Gulf Breeze Recovery recognizes the need for the detoxification process to be achieved safely and comfortably. We are a fully licensed medical detoxification recovery facility where the detoxification wing is an acute care zone. Our team of doctors and nurses provides care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We are able to care for you or your loved one immediately upon admission, which prevents any lapses in care for them.
7. Services Available After the Completion of a Program
Aftercare is essential to successful recovery. With some programs, once the program is completed, all care stops. People with addiction often need continuing care as they transition back into their new healthy lifestyle.
At Gulf Breeze Recovery, we recognize the importance of a supported transition for each of our guests. Each guest, along with their counselor, works to develop a recovery blueprint that is a realistic plan of how the guest will maintain their sobriety when they return home. As they complete the program and leave the facility, the following services are available for them at no additional cost:
- Continuation of one-on-one counseling services either directly or via electronic media (ask for details)—This supports the need to share personal issues.
- Weekly group meetings via electronic media that are facilitated by a therapist—This supports the need to discuss everyday issues concerning life, relationships, avoidance of substances, etc., and is designed to be less intrusive into people’s personal affairs.
- Secured closed-group electronic forum—This supports the need to share, discuss, and solicit feedback from the facilitator and/or other members on immediate issues concerning any topic of concern. This forum can also be used to help you or your loved one “give back” to others by offering insight into someone else’s topic.
These are some of the most important aspects of addiction care and treatment, and each one significantly impacts the recovery process.
Find Effective and Comprehensive Addiction Treatment at Gulf Breeze Recovery
Use these tips to compare facilities and help you find the program that best fits your needs. If you decide that Gulf Breeze Recovery is the right choice for you or your loved one, contact Gulf Breeze Recovery at 833.551.2304 or fill out our online form to speak to an addiction expert and learn more about our program that has helped so many people overcome their addiction and embrace life. We help people not just to survive but to THRIVE®.